Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the rooms like? Our rooms are best described as a ‘Bed & Breakfast’ type. There are 4 bedrooms in the lodge and 3 separate cabins. Most rooms sleep two; one room a single; along with one room that can sleep 4. Couples always have their own room, of course.
- When are deposits and final payments due? The deposit can be sent in with the reservation form or fill out the reservation form on our website and it will come to us via our email. The deposit confirms your week. The balance is due 45 days prior to the beginning of your week. There will be no refunds after this point and you should always take out trip insurance in case you can’t make it for whatever reason. We do not send you a bill, as well as prefer checks instead of credit cards.
You can find many options to purchase TRAVEL INSURANCE on the website:
- What should I pack and what’s the weather like? April and May the water will be cold, and if you’re kayaking you’ll need a dry suit/top or wet suit. The weather could be clear, 70 degrees and sunny, or cold & wet. Be prepared. In June it’s changing into summer; therefore, the water is warmer and you may only need your bathing suit. Best to check in with us shortly before you come here to be sure, as you might need something warmer. In July and August, the water and weather are very warm. 80-90 degree days are common. The water is around 75-80 degrees.
- Are there any gas stations in town? No Gas Stations in Forks of Salmon. You should fill up after you get off the freeway (in Arcata or Yreka) and you’re headed towards Otter Bar.
- Is there cell phone coverage and Wi-Fi? Yes and No. There is no cell phone coverage, however, there is Wi-Fi. We do not have regular television reception, only DVD’s.