What to bring to Kids Kayak Camp
- 2 pair swimming trunks/suit
- Dry shorts
- Pair of long pants/sweat pants
- Sweatshirt/or jacket
- River Shoes (old tennies; aqua socks; wetsuit booties are best)
- Hiking shoes
- River Sandals
- Rain Jacket
- Any kayaking equipment you already have i.e.: PFD; Helmet; spray skirt etc.
- Towels-bath & beach
- Toothbrush (we’ll have toothpaste; soap; shampoo etc.)
- Insect repellent
- Day pack (for our hike into the wilderness)
- Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- Sleeping pad (Ridge-rest or Therma-rest is good)
- Tent (If you don’t have one it’s possible to share.)
- Camera (a disposable waterproof is good)
- Books; cards; games
- Musical instruments. (There is no TV, so don’t ask.)
- Money $: The only thing you might need money for is to buy something in our shop. We sell: Caps for on & off the water; booties; tee-shirts/hoodies; ; sunglass holders; ear/nose plugs; Kayaking DVDs. Or we will stop at a store in Some Bar a couple of times a week for a snack, but this should not cost very much $.
- Gratuity for the instructors
Please do not bring:
- Lighters or matches, and obvious dangerous items.
- Devices that play video games and the like is a no. There’s no Wi-Fi at the camp.
- Sugar or Candy Items (We will provide those)