Our Food is Phenomenal!
We employ two full-time chefs and a lodge staff that put together and serve fresh, home-made meals each day.
Creative, Inspired Cuisine
Our chefs create wonderful, fresh food daily. Everyone raves about our food!
We use seasonal produce from local organic farms as much as possible. We offer a huge variety of menus and styles of food. You can come here each year and never have a meal repeated, but always wonderful!
For Vegetarians, Vegans, and Those With Food Allergies: We happily accommodate vegetarians, vegans, and if you have any food allergies or dietary needs, just let us know and we’ll make sure you are well take care of. (Please be sure to note this on the sign-up form you send in with your deposit!)
Is there some dish you’re craving? Tell our chefs!
Breakfast is served buffet style in the lodge. Fresh organic coffee and hot water for tea are out by 7 A.M., breakfast between 8-9 A.M.
Lunch is usually eaten along the river with your kayak instructor and fellow paddlers (usually custom-made sandwiches from our daily lunch bar), with the exception of Sunday & Wednesday, when we will have lunch at the lodge, freshly prepared by our chefs.
Dinner is the most anticipated meal of the day! When our Indonesian Gong is rung at 7:30, the group quickly moves to the buffet counter to see what amazing meal has been prepared for them. During the colder weeks, we’ll eat in the cozy comfort of our wood-heated lodge. During the warm summer nights we dine together outside beneath the color of the sunset. Juice & water are served with this meal.
A typical breakfast (coffee & tea out by 7 A.M., food at 8 A.M.)
- Organic Muddy Waters Coffee (roasted nearby in Arcata); Assorted Teas
- Homemade Granola
- Assorted Yogurts & Cereals
- Red Bell Pepper & Spinach Frittata with Feta Cheese
- Maple Bacon
- Nut Crusted French Toast w/ Real Maple Syrup
- Fresh Fruit Platter
Asian Styled Outdoor Lunch (Time varies between 12:30 – 1:15 P.M.)
- Fresh-Rolled Sushi w/ tempura yams, avocado, cream cheese, and red onion
- Tempura Vegetables w/ Sesame-Hoison Dipping Sauce
- Fresh Spring Rolls
- Rice paper wrapper filled with sautéed cabbage, ginger, garlic, carrots, bean sprouts & cilantro served with a red chili dipping sauce
- Noodles Diable
- A mixture of lightly blanched vegetables, black sesame seeds, fresh spinach, & marinated tofu in a mouthwatering sweet and spicy sauce
- Chocolate dipped coconut macaroons
An Italian Festival
- Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Garden Basil Salad w/ Crustini (as hors d’oeuvres)
- Homemade Calzones stuffed w/ assorted sautéed summer vegetables and cheese w/ a homemade marinara
- Roasted Feta Asparagus
- Grilled Fresh Vegetables (eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash)
- Marinated Mushrooms and Bell Peppers (as antipasto)
- Greek Salad w/ pepperoncini, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, red onions and grated carrot
- Crispy baked filo cups filled w/ chocolate, fresh strawberries, kiwi and mango, topped with a raspberry compote and garnished w/ freshly-picked blackberries from our garden
Sunday Night Fish Dinner
- Baked Brie w/ raspberries and crustini, brie round topped with raspberries and wrapped in puff pastry (as hors d’oeuvres)
- Blackened Salmon w/ fresh mango salsa
- Wild rice pilaf
- Steamed artichokes w/ lemon-parmesan aioli
- Herbed finger rolls w/ garlic butter
- Fresh spinach salad w/ pears, cranberries, candied walnuts and gorgonzola cheese served w/ a red onion-poppy seed vinaigreete
- Mint chocolate mousse garnished w/ fresh whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings
Classic Mexican Fiesta
- Fresh summer salsas and tortilla chips (as hors d’oeuvres)
- Homemade margaritas (because you deserve it!)
- Tequila marinated beef fajitas w/ homemade flour tortillas
- Sautéed bells and onions
- Homemade black beans
- Spanish yellow rice
- Assorted toppings (black olives, sour cream, cheddar, red onions, cilantro, and cabbage)
- Homemade green chili and cheddar tamales
- Fresh guacamole
- Two varieties of fresh salsa
- Vanilla ice cream w/ homemade caramel sauce